Speed up your healing!
Tool Assisted Massage
Tool Assisted Massage or "Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation" is a soft tissue massage technique utilising medical grade specialised tools used to release and mobilise the different layers of fascia surrounding our tissues following injury.
In the event of a chronic or acute injury, fascial compensations occur. Meaning the fascia surrounding our tissue constricts and inhibits the "natural" movement of the injured structure. This can lead to chronic pain and further restriction of natural movement. This in-turn slowing your recovery rate.
Tool Assisted massage contributes to effective, ongoing and rapid healing in the following ways
- Stimulates increased natural healing rates
- Stimulates Fibroblast activity resulting in Tissue Re-modeling of the injured site
- Increases blood flow to the treated area (promoting flushing of toxins and healing)
- Increases and re-establishes natural mobility between Fascia and structures reducing pain
- Reverses compensations which the fascia has created
The Brighton Foot Clinic is proud and excited to be offering this Clinically Proven Treatment Method in the treatment of lower limb injuries such as Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Pain), Achillies Tendinopathy, Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints) and many others.
If you have any questions regarding TAM/IASTM please get in touch.